Dr. Xin Liu
5232 Villigen PSI
Xin Liu is currently a postdoc at Bernina group of SwissFEL Free Electron Laser in Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) starting in July of 2021. He got his Ph.D. in condensed matter physics in 2020 from Beijing Normal University (BNU), China. During his Ph.D study, he mainly focused on exploring emergent quantum phenomena of the oxide heterostructures and superlattices of strongly correlated electron system, especially for 5d iridates with strong spin orbit coupling.
Conducting research on correlated materials especially for iridates based on ultrafast science and characterization methods at SwissFEL Bernina. Support the external user research at Bernina Endstation.
Via ultrafast science and characterization methods at Swiss FEL Bernina, Xin research is mainly focused on the control of functional properties of oxide heterostructures and superlattices, such as insulator-metal transition and magnetoelectric coupling. In his research, he is also interested in the dynamic interplay between spin, lattice, orbit and charge degrees of freedom. In addition, technological developments at the Bernina Endstation at SwissFEL is accompanied with his research.
1. Xin Liu, Yuben Yang, Qinghua Zhang, Dayu Yan, Jingdi Lu, Rongyan Chen, Youguo Shi, Changmin Xiong, Fa Wang and Jinxing Zhang. Mott gap engineering in Sr2IrO4/SrTiO3 superlattices. Science China Materials, 2020, 63(9): 1855-1860.
2. Xin Liu, Peipei Lu, Mei Wu, Yuanwei Sun, Jingdi Lu, Jing Wang, Dayu Yan, Youguo Shi, Zhiping Yin, Nian Xiang Sun, Peng Gao, Young Sun, Fa Wang, Ce-Wen Nan and Jinxing Zhang. Large magnetoelectric response in Sr2IrO4/SrTiO3 superlattices with non-equivalent interfaces. arXiv:1910.01787.
3. Xin Liu, Yan Li, Yuefeng Liu, Biao Zhang and Fei Lin. Study on performance of dye sensiti zed solar cells using five natural dyes as sensitizers. Chinese Journal of Power Sources 2015, 39(7): 1414-1415.
4. Iftikhar Ahmed Malik, Xiaoxing Ke, Xin Liu, Chuanshou Wang, Xueyun Wang, Rizwan Ullah, Chuangye Song, Jing Wang, and JinXing Zhang. Solid state reaction for the formation of spinel MgFe2O4 across perovskite oxide interface. Science China Physics, Mechanics & Astronomy, 2017, 60(9): 097721.
5. Jingdi Lu, Liang Si, Qinghua Zhang, Chengfeng Tian, Xin Liu, Chuangye Song, Shouzhe Dong, Jie Wang, Sheng Cheng, Lili Qu, Kexuan Zhang, Youguo Shi, Houbing Huang, Tao Zhu, Wenbo Mi, Zhicheng Zhong, Lin Gu, Karsten Held, Lingfei Wang, Jinxing Zhang. Defect-Engineered Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya Interaction and Electric-Field-Switchable Topological Spin Texture in SrRuO3. Advanced Materials, 2021, DOI: 10.1002/adma.202102525.
6. Liang Wu, Changjian Li, Mingfeng Chen, Yujun Zhang, Kun Han, Shengwei Zeng, Xin Liu, Ji Ma, Chen Liu, Jiahui Chen, Jinxing Zhang, Ariando, T. Venky Venkatesan, Stephen J. Pennycook, J. M. D. Coey, Lei Shen, Jing Ma, X. Renshaw Wang, and Ce-Wen Nan. Interface-induced enhancement of ferromagnetism in insulating LaMnO3 ultrathin films. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9: 44931-44937.
7. Jingdi Lu, Liang Si, Xiefei Yao, Chengfeng Tian, Jing Wang, Qinghua Zhang, Zhengxun Lai, Iftikhar Ahmed Malik, Xin Liu, Peiheng Jiang, Kejia Zhu, Youguo Shi, Zhenlin Luo, Lin Gu, Karsten Held, Wenbo Mi, Zhicheng Zhong, Ce-Wen Nan and Jinxing Zhang. Electric-field-controllable high-spin SrRuO3 driven by a solid ionic junction. Physical Review B 2020, 101(21): 2114001. (Editor's suggestion).
8. Yujun Zhang, Yong Zheng Luo, Liang Wu, Motohiro Suzuki, Yasuyuki Hirata, Kohei Yamagami, Kou Takubo, Keisuke Ikeda, Kohei Yamamoto, Akira Yasui, Naomi Kawamura, Chun Lin, Keisuke Koshiishi, Xin Liu, Jinxing Zhang, Yasushi Hotta, X. Renshaw Wang, Atsushi Fujimori, Yuanhua Lin, Ce-Wen Nan, Lei Shen and Hiroki Wadati. Interfacial-hybridization-modified Ir Ferromagnetism and Electronic Structure in LaMnO3/SrIrO3 Superlattices. Physical Review Research, 2020, 2(3): 033496.