Dr. Christopher Mudry
Paul Scherrer Institute
5232 Villigen – PSI
Telephone: +41 56 310 4247
- Diploma of physics, October 1986, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Zurich (ETHZ), department of Mathematics and Physics. Thesis title: "Viability of Gluon Annihilation into a Higgs Associated to a Pair of Top Quarks as a Mechanism for detecting the Heavy Higgs in SSC". Diploma Advisors: Prof. C. Schmid and Prof. D. Wyler.
- Ph.D., October 1994, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), department of Physics. Thesis Title: "The Problem of Spin and Charge Separation". Thesis Advisor: Prof. Eduardo Fradkin.
Research Activities / Specialties
- Theoretical condensed matter physics
- Disordered systems
- Mesoscopic physics
- Strongly correlated electronic systems
Publications (Selection)Fractional topological liquids with time-reversal symmetry and their lattice realization,
Titus Neupert, Luiz Santos, Shinsei Ryu, Claudio Chamon, and Christopher Mudry,
Phys. Rev. B 84, 165107 (2011)
Fractional quantum Hall states at zero magnetic field,
Titus Neupert, Luiz Santos, Claudio Chamon, and Christopher Mudry,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 236804 (2011)
Masses in graphene-like two-dimensional electronic systems: topological defects in order parameters and their fractional exchange statistics,
Shinsei Ryu, Christopher Mudry, Chang-Yu Hou, and Claudio Chamon,
Phys. Rev. B 80, 205319 (2009).
Electron fractionalization in two-dimensional graphenelike structures,
Chang-Yu Hou, Claudio Chamon, and Christopher Mudry,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 186809 (2007).
Universal Scaling Relations in Strongly Anisotropic Materials,
M. B. Hastings and C. Mudry,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 96, 027215 (2006).
From quantum mechanics to classical statistical physics: generalized Rokhsar-Kivelson Hamiltonians and the "Stochastic Matrix Form" decomposition,
Claudio Castelnovo, Claudio Chamon, Christopher Mudry, and Pierre Pujol,
Annals of Physics, 318, 316 (2005).
Density of states for the pi-flux state with bipartite real random hopping only: A weak disorder approach,
by C. Mudry, S. Ryu, and A. Furusaki,
Phys. Rev. B 67, 064202 (2003).
Localization and delocalization in dirty superconducting wires,
P. W. Brouwer, A. Furusaki, I. A. Gruzberg, C. Mudry,
Phys. Rev. Lett., 85, 1064 (2000).
Density of states in coupled chains with off-diagonal disorder,
P. W. Brouwer, C. Mudry, and A. Furusaki,
Phys. Rev. Lett., 85, 2913 (2000).
Delocalization in coupled one-dimensional chains,
P. W. Brouwer, Christopher Mudry, B. D. Simons, and A. Altland,
Phys. Rev. Lett., 81, 862 (1998).
Localization in two dimensions, Gaussian field theories, and multifractality,
Claudio de C. Chamon, Christopher Mudry, and Xiao-Gang Wen,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 77, 4194 (1996).
Liouville theory as a model for prelocalized states in disordered conductors,
I. Kogan, Christopher Mudry, and A. M. Tsvelik,
Phys. Rev. Lett. 77, 707 (1996).
Two-dimensional conformal field theory for disordered systems at criticality,
Christopher Mudry, Claudio Chamon, and Xiao-Gang Wen,
Nucl. Phys. B466, 383 (1996).
Mechanism of spin and charge separation in one dimensional quantum antiferromagnets,
Christopher Mudry and E. Fradkin,
Phys. Rev. B 50, 11409 (1994).
Separation of Spin and Charge Quantum Numbers in Strongly Correlated Systems,
Christopher Mudry and Eduardo Fradkin,
Phys. Rev. B 49, 5200 (1994).
Ground States of infinite-range spin-1/2 quantum Heisenberg antiferromagnets,
Christopher Mudry and E. Fradkin,
Phys. Rev. B 40, 11177 (1989).
Submissions to arXiv.org
Curriculum VitaeDownload Christophers CV
- Lecture01, week February 18 2013, chapter 1 from: pdf
- Lecture02, week February 25 2013, chapter 2 from: pdf
- Lecture03, week March 04 2013, chapter 3 from: pdf
- Lecture04, week March 11 2013, chapter 3 from: pdf
- Lecture05, week March 18 2013, chapter 4 from: pdf
- Lecture06, week March 25 2013, chapter 6 from: pdf
- Lecture07, week April 08 2013, chapter 6 from: pdf
- Lecture08, week April 22 2013, chapter 7 from: pdf
- Lecture09, week April 29 2013, chapter 7 from: pdf
- Lecture10, week May 06 2013, chapter 8 from: pdf
- Lecture11, week May 13 2013, chapter 8 from: pdf
- Lecture12, week May 27 2013, chapter 9 from: pdf