Laboratory for Energy systems Analysis (LEA) at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) and is the continuation of the former GaBE Project. Technology Assessment incorporates a comprehensive range of research areas to achieve three main objectives:
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options of the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent and methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Hirschberg Stefan, Wiemer Stefan and Burgherr Peter (Eds.) (2015). Energy from the Earth. Deep Geothermal as a Resource for the Future? TA-SWISS Study TA/CD 62/2015. vdf Hochschulverlag AG, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Andrew Simons and Christian Bauer (2015) A life-cycle perspective on automotive fuel cells. Applied Energy
- Christian Bauer, Johannes Hofer, Hans-Jörg Althaus, Andrea Del Duce and Andrew Simons (2015) The environmental performance of current and future passenger vehicles: Life Cycle Assessment based on a novel scenario analysis framework. Applied Energy
- Christian Bauer, Thomas Heck, Karin Treyer and Stefan Hirschberg (2015) Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Energy Systems, Comparison, and Overview. Reference Module in Earth Systems and Environmental Sciences