Laboratory for Energy systems Analysis (LEA) at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI) and is the continuation of the former GaBE Project. Technology Assessment incorporates a comprehensive range of research areas to achieve three main objectives:
- To improve understanding and thereby enable comparisons of current energy technologies and future energy options of the electricity, heating and transport sectors based on environmental, economic and socially relevant factors.
- To provide quantitative, systematic, and interdisciplinary assessments of energy technologies and energy supply strategies through the development and application of consistent and methodological frameworks and databases.
- To support rational decision-making for sustainable development in the Swiss and international energy sectors, and to communicate balanced research findings to decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Brian Cox and Karin Treyer (2014) Environmental and economic assessment of a cracked ammonia fuelled alkaline fuel cell for off-grid power applications. Journal of Power Sources
- Karin Treyer, Christian Bauer and Andrew Simons (2014) Human health impacts in the life cycle of future European electricity generation. Energy Policy, 74, Supplement 1, S31–S44